Tilford to Frensham Little Pond (#21)
Easy/ moderate level of fitness required
Starting point Tilford Green Car Park Grid Ref SU 873 433 Post Code GU10 2BU
Distance: A popular 4 to 5 mile walk is the classic Tilford Village Green to Frensham Little pond circuit.
Details: Talking points include: Two medieval bridges of Tiford, 800 year Tilford Oak commented on by William Cobbett, Meeting two branches of River Wey north and south at Tilford, Tilford Institute designed by Edward Lutyens, RSPB acquired site Rural Life Centre, Pierrepoint Farm owned by Countryside Restoration Trust give background including the gift to the trust and 2006 and new self milking parlour, Frensham Little Pond, history Bishops Fish Pond built 1246 to keep Farnham Castle supplied with fish the original dam recently rebuilt by National Trust. Walking footwear required.

The walk

Map and description Tilford to Frensham walk 2017 provided by John Plumpton

 

image_pdfimage_print