Skip to main content

Churt Village Hall

Churt Village Hall

Churt Village Hall The Hall was given to the Village in 1928 by Frank Mason, a local businessman, who built it on land bought by villagers as a memorial to the dead of the First World War. One of the Hall’s early Trustees was David Lloyd George, who was a local resident. During the Second World War the Hall was used by many wartime services and weekly dances were held. The Hall’s floor is considered to be the best dance floor in the area. Letting hours are flexible: mornings, afternoons and evenings, with setting up time as extra.

If you would like to find out more please contact: bookings officer: 01428 604405  To check the availability click here


Churt Village Hall is licensed annually by Waverley Borough Council and all facilities meet the statutory health and safety regulations.

  • Main Hall has seating for up to 120.
  • Committee Room
  • Cloakrooms for ladies, gentlemen and the disabled.
  • Large recently renovated kitchen with commercial gas cooker, electric warming cupboard, refrigerator, dishwasher, two large stainless steel sinks and urn for boiling water.
  • Crockery and cutlery for up to 120.
  • Ramp access for wheelchairs.
  • Large raised stage with sound facilities, including loop system.

A Community Asset

Registered as a charity, the hall is run by a Management Committee of local residents, and is the hub of many local activities – Churt Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS), Churt Horticultural and Produce Society (CHAPS) and the local Women’s Institute – to mention but a few. The list is a long one, and the Hall is a valued asset in the local community. Members of the management committee are listed on the notice board at the front of the hall.