Farnham in Bloom is the title of our entry into the annual South and South East in Bloom competition. It is an event that takes place throughout the year and involves local people and community organisations working together to make lasting improvements to the town and surrounding villages.
The competition is about more than flowers. Entries are judged on:
- horticultural achievement
- environmental responsibility, and
- community participation
Since entering the town centre into South and South East in Bloom for the first time in 2008, we have won:
- Gold in the Town Centre category six times
- Gold five times for the Large Town category
- Double best in category three years in a row
- Best in County award for the first time in 2016
- The Chairman’s Award for Bishop’s Meadow
- Silver Gilt in the RHS Britain in Bloom Awards in 2014 and 2016.
In 2016, The Victoria Garden received Outstanding in the It’s Your Neighbourhood Award and Gold in the Small Parks Category. Gostrey Meadow also received Gold in the Small Parks category.
The Farnham in Bloom Community Group
The Farnham in Bloom Community group is a small team of dedicated volunteers who work alongside Farnham Town Council. The group is made up of local residents and businesses and helps us with the year round calendar of events for Farnham in Bloom as well as other activities such as bulb planting and litter picking.
A short film about Farnham in Bloom